Housing Economic Research
Halifax conducts a wide range of housing research including the long standing Halifax House Price Index.
The Halifax House Price Index is the UK's longest running monthly house price series with data covering the whole country going back to January 1983.
- 23 August 2014 First-time buyers can save £1,300 a year by buying rather than renting
- 14 August 2014 High premium for Premier League houses
- 06 August 2014 Halifax House Price Index - July
- 28 July 2014 Sentiment towards buying cools but Brits remain confident in the sales market
- 17 July 2014 144,500 buy first home so far in 2014