Customer Complaints Data:
January - June 2012
Lloyds Banking Group made a public commitment at the beginning of the year to reduce complaints on our journey to become the best bank for customers. In the first half of 2012, we delivered an 18% reduction in FSA reportable complaints compared to the same period last year. (These figures are based on FSA reportable complaints and exclude PPI/ Insurance complaints).
- The Group’s reportable FSA banking complaints over this period have fallen from 1.7 complaints per 1,000 accounts to 1.4. This indicates the Group is on track to achieve our target of reducing our complaints per 1,000 accounts to 1.3 by the end of 2012
- The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has not yet announced the industry results for the first half of 2012. These figures will be published on this site when they are available. However, we do know that the number of complaints that our customers are taking to the FOS are reducing, and that we remain the best major UK retail bank for FOS overturn rates.
“We have been listening to our customer's feedback and have focussed on removing the causes of customer complaints. We have made great progress in reducing complaints but have more to do in order to achieve our goal of becoming the best bank for customers" says Martin Dodd, Customer Services Director.
Putting Customers First
As part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers, we are continually listening to customer’s feedback to improve the banking experience and remove the causes of complaints:
- We have launched a new online complaint form on our Lloyds TSB, Halifax and Bank of Scotland websites to enable our customers to give us feedback easily.
- We now have a Phone a Friend team who support our telephone banking colleagues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to resolve complaints around the clock.
- We have launched our new mobile banking app for customers to access their accounts and balance on the move. This has been downloaded an incredible 1.2 million times and reached the number one spot in the Apple App Store free apps.
- We have launched Lloyds TSB Money Manager - an easy-to-use Internet Banking service that helps customers understand how they’re spending their money and using their account.
- New deposit machines have been made available in a number of our Lloyds TSB branches which allow our customers to deposit their money and get a receipt without needing to queue - making it quicker and easier for customers to bank with us. We plan to introduce 50 Immediate Deposit Machines into Bank of Scotland branches at the end of 2012
We will continue to focus on listening to our customers and removing the causes of customer complaints and are confident that we will achieve our commitment to reduce banking complaints to 1.3 per 1,000 accounts by the end of the year.
To help you interpret the information we have provided a glossary of terms which explains key references in the publication reports.
The Financial Services Authority publishes collective complaints data covering all firms.
The Financial Ombudsman Service publishes separate complaints data on the number of complaints referred to it by individual firms.
To view complaints information for any firm of Lloyds Banking Group reporting more than 500 reportable complaints in the previous six month reporting period you can click on the links below each of the brands.