Consumer sentiment reaches new high
22 July 2013
Read full press release
- The Lloyds TSB Consumer Sentiment Index reaches a new high of 112 points in June.
- Improving sentiment continues to be driven by growing confidence in the current economic situation.
- Optimism towards the housing market and employment situation also improves.
- Growth in spending on essential items has stabilised at around 2½%, broadly in line with the rate of inflation on those items.
- Spending on energy bills continues to rise and over two thirds (69%) are now spending more or a lot more compared with a year ago.