- Tiered interest and fee-free overdraft of up to £2,000
- Money saving offers with free NUS extra card
- Mobile Banking app to help students manage their money on the go
Lloyds Bank has today announced the launch of its 2015 Student Current Account, available to new and existing customers. The account features a number of money saving benefits including a free NUS extra card for three years, helping savvy students save at over 170 high street and online brands.
The account offers:
- A tiered interest and fee-free Planned Overdraft of up to £2,000 (up to £1,500 in years one to three and up to £2,000 in years four to six).
- A free NUS extra card for three years, giving students access to exclusive discounts, offers and competitions from over 170 brands and retailers on the high street and online, including Amazon, Apple, ASOS, Co-operative Food and Odeon.
- Use of ‘Everyday Offers’ rewarding student account holders with cashback on their everyday spend at selected retailers, helping their money go further.
- The option to activate It’s On Us where every week 1,000 customers receive an unexpected surprise when Lloyds pays them back for something they’ve bought on their debit or credit card, up to the value of £500.
- Access to a student credit card to help build credit, with up to 56 days interest-free credit on purchases when paying the balance back in full and on time each month. There is also a limit of at least £500 & extra protection when you shop online.
Claire Garrod, Director of current accounts for Lloyds Bank said:
“As a leading student account provider, we understand the challenge students face with their finances. Our aim is to help students make their money go further, while at the same time taking the hassle out of managing their finances and putting them in control of their spending whilst they are completing their studies.”
Students have a range of options when managing their finances through Lloyds Bank, including access to the five star rated mobile banking app, ranked as the top banking app in the Apple App Store. This provides a convenient way of accessing their banking on the go and has a variety of features, including the ability to view accounts balances, pay bills and transfer money between accounts. They can also use it to pay their friends using just their friend’s mobile number.