Protecting our customers from fraud
Helping keep our customers’ money safe is a top priority at Lloyds Banking Group. We invest tens of millions of pounds every year in the latest technology to protect our customers from fraud.
Our mule-hunting team has uncovered over
mule accounts, and has stopped £89 million from falling into the hands of fraudsters.
Last year alone, criminal gangs stole over
from the public and small businesses by posing as banks and service providers.*
*UK Finance Annual Fraud Report 2022
Hear from our experts
Links and resources
- You can investigate any gaming-related purchases before handing over money, such as checking whether the website is blacklisted on sitechecker.
- Evaluate whether gaming-related downloads are being made from established trusted sources and whether they are safe by checking for malware via virustotal.
- For more information on game fraud, visit askaboutgames.com.
- About the UK Finance Take Five campaign.
- Stop Scams UK - 159 campaign
- About Stop Scams UK
- Global Cyber Alliance - Enabling a Secure and Trustworthy Internet
- UK Finance
- Lloyds Bank - How to Protect Yourself From Fraud
- City of London Police - Teach all key stage two children across the UK about fraud and cyber crime
- City of London Police - Report fraud