Support for Ukraine
As an organisation, supporting communities is central to our purpose – whether this is through our charitable Foundations, where we provide support for refugee and asylum seeker projects across the UK or by providing access to banking solutions for vulnerable customers, including refugees.
It’s important for us to do what we can to help the people of Ukraine.
- For any refugees or asylum seekers from Ukraine or elsewhere, we stand ready to help with your banking needs. So far this year, we’ve helped over 1,000 Ukrainian nationals to open bank accounts.
- We’re waiving fees on all international payments to Ukraine, including credit card payments to charitable organisations.
- Our charitable Foundations are currently supporting over 80 small charities, with almost £6 million in grants to help thousands of refugees and asylum seekers from Ukraine, and across the world, with practical support to rebuild their lives in the UK.
- Mortgage customers who are taking part in the Homes for Ukraine scheme don’t need to inform us, and there will be no change to rates if our residential customers choose to take in a refugee. It will also be acceptable under the existing conditions of our buy-to-let mortgages for our landlord customers. The same applies to refugees being taken in under other schemes.
- We’ll also support our home insurance customers who take in a refugee from Ukraine by continuing to provide cover on normal terms. They don’t need to tell us of their change in circumstance and the contents and personal belongings of refugees will be covered under the policy. The same applies to refugees being taken in under other schemes.
- For our colleagues who have friends or family that have been impacted, we’re offering 24/7 support through our employee assistance helpline.