Mortgage free for three – Winners announced in Bank of Scotland Mortgage Prize Draw
12 May 2019
- The Bank of Scotland and Halifax Mortgage Prize Draw promised to pay off three customers’ mortgages
- Winners in Oban, Kings Lynn, and Sutton can now celebrate mortgage-freedom
- The second prize draw has been launched to find our next three winners.
It’s not every day you hear that a bank has paid off a customer’s mortgage. However, three homeowners across the UK are thanking their lucky stars, as the winners of the Bank of Scotland and Halifax Mortgage Prize Draw are announced.
Launched on 5 November 2018, the ‘one of a kind’ prize draw, promised to pay off three customers’ mortgages in full*. Halifax and Bank of Scotland customers were eligible if they applied for a qualifying mortgage between 5 November and 30 December 2018. On top of this, a further 100 customers would receive £1000 in cash, to spend how they wish.
The winners revealed
Our three winners hailed from three very different parts of the country. Sutton, on the outskirts of London, Kings Lynn in Norfolk, and Oban in West Scotland, can all claim to have a new mortgage-free resident.
Out of the 100 who won £1000, twenty two winners came from fourteen counties across Scotland. Ayrshire, Morayshire, and Stirlingshire were the luckiest with three winners each. Aberdeenshire and Fife both had two winners and ten more counties across the country claimed one winner.
Overall, the North East prevailed as the luckiest area in the UK, with Lancastrians celebrating ten winners, Cheshire six, and Merseyside four.
There were eight counties where three winners were crowned, including Ayrshire in Scotland and Derbyshire and Staffordshire in the Midlands.
Launch of the second Prize Draw
The good news continues, as we can announce the launch of the second prize draw, which will make another three mortgage free*.
Graham Blair, Head of Mortgages at Bank of Scotland, said: “Congratulations all of our winners in this round of the Halifax and Bank of Scotland Mortgage Prize Draw. We are still the only bank that rewards mortgage customers in this way, and wish the lucky three well in their mortgage-free future.
“A mortgage is likely to be a substantial debt in a person’s life and as part of our commitment to our customers, we want to be able to give back. That’s why I am excited to say that we have opened the next prize draw to eligible customers.”
To be eligible for the next prize draw, customers must:
- Be a homebuyer, remortgaging to us, or be an existing Halifax or Bank of Scotland customer changing those named on the mortgage
- Apply for a qualifying mortgage between 8 April and 30 June 2019
- Register for the draw and complete their mortgage by 30 September 2019
- Offer can be withdrawn at any time and excludes: buy to let, additional borrowing, product transfer, applications through Halifax Intermediaries & entries from Northern Ireland
2019 press releases