How we use your information
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside Lloyds Banking Group. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
• To fulfil your contract of employment or another contract we have with you, or
• When it is our legal duty, or
• When it is in our legitimate interest, or
• When you consent to it.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. Even then, it must not unfairly go against your rights. Examples of legitimate Interests are detailed in the table below.
The law and other regulations treat some types of sensitive personal information as special. This includes information about racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health data, and criminal records. We will not collect or use these types of data without your consent unless the law allows us to do so. If we do, it will only be when it is necessary:
• For reasons of substantial public interest, or
• For employment purposes, or
• For the detection and prevention of fraud and crime, or
• To establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Here is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are, when that is one of the reasons.
||What we do
|To enter into and fulfil a contract of employment
- Manage recruitment processes
- Manage shortlisting
- Obtain references and vetting
|To fulfil another contract we have with you if your application is successful
- Provide pension schemes and life assurance arrangements
- Manage shareholding requirements
- Manage colleague benefits
- • Apply colleague discounts
|Our Legal duty
- Ensure rights to work
- Comply with legal obligations and regulation
- Provide information to regulators, courts or government bodies
| Our legitimate interests
||What we do
||Explanation of interest:
- Retain copies of the application
- Ensuring security of premises, data and technology
- Address complaints and queries
- Market research purposes
- Manage training and development
- Support health and wellbeing
- To comply with rules and regulations that apply to us
- To protect our staff, customers and property from inappropriate access, damage, crime or fraud
- To manage our staff as efficiently as possible
- To communicate with you and comply with your instructions
- To run our business in an efficient and proper way. This includes managing our financial position, business capability, planning, adding and testing systems and processes, managing communications, corporate governance, and audit.
- When we rely on consent to process your information we will tell you when we obtain your consent.
|For processing special categories of personal data
Substantial public interest
|Monitor diversity by using racial, ethnic origin, religion, health and sexual orientation data
|For employment purposes
||To make adjustments to accommodate health requirements
|For the prevention and detection of fraud and crime
||Use criminal records data to help detect, prevent and prosecute unlawful acts and fraudulent behaviour
||Use any special categories of data as needed to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
||When we rely on consent to process your information we will tell you when we obtain your consent.