Health and wellbeing
Colleague wellbeing is our number one priority.
At Lloyds Banking Group we aim to be a great company to work for and as such our colleagues should feel valued, inspired, and empowered. We encourage a culture of wellbeing and inclusivity, we recognise how diverse our workforce is and provide a range of health and wellbeing services and products to meet the varied needs of our colleagues.
We value your wellbeing and want you to be your best inside and outside of work. Our ethos is about maintaining wellness and providing the right tools to help you do that. We have developed holistic and accessible support that is established by our six pillars. We recognise that the pillars are not independent of one another and health and wellbeing can be complex.
- Mental health resource centre for colleagues
- Workshops and tools to help support mental health
- Mental health advocates, first aiders and support structures
- Free access to applications such as Headspace
- Private medical benefit offered to all colleagues
- Healthy lifestyle advice
- Healthcare options including cancer care and support
- Accessibility and comfort at work
- Free eye tests for colleagues
- Agile working
- Home and remote working
- Volunteering and fundraising activities
- Harnessing a culture where you can be yourself and your best
- Support for parents and carers
- Emergency assistance for colleagues experiencing domestic abuse
- Various colleague offers including season ticket loans
- Specialist support and signposting for colleagues
- Colleagues can tailor their financial benefits to what works best for them
- Support through life changes such as pregnancy, menopause, separation and loss
- Healthcare options and Employee Assistant Programme to support during distressing situations
Our colleagues' wellbeing
Your mental health
We’ve been working hard to help break down some of the barriers that keep our people from talking about their mental health and seeking help when they need it most.
We are immensely proud of our past charity partnership with Mental Health UK, which ran from 2017 to 2022. Over six incredible years we raised more than £16 million for them, which has collectively helped millions of people with their mental health.
Our cancer pledges
At Lloyds Banking Group we take pride in putting our people first to create a workplace where everyone can feel included and has the opportunity to thrive. And when 1 in 2 of us are likely to get cancer, making sure we’re there for our people in the right way at such a crucial time is something we’re committed to. In short, we’re a company who cares about our people.
We know that for many people with a cancer diagnosis for themselves or of a loved one, continuing to work can offer an important sense of normality in an otherwise very challenging time. It’s also clear that colleagues will at times struggle with the effects of cancer, the side effects of cancer treatment, as well as emotional and psychological impacts, that may mean a need to make adjustments or take time out from work.
In line with our values, we want to do all we can to support you and so we’re proud to support the #workingwithcancer campaign with some important pledges.
Pledge 1: We’ll work with our colleagues to better understand their journey with cancer and what more we could do to support them. This research will inform our five-year Health and Wellbeing plan.
Pledge 2: We’ll build awareness of the impact of having cancer, the support available to our colleagues living with cancer, and care givers. We aim to reduce stigma, support our people towards early identification and treatment, and make sure they feel safe and supported to discuss their cancer diagnosis and treatment in the workplace, enabling us to truly support them on their journey.
Pledge 3: We’ll work with subject matter experts both internally and externally, to upskill our leaders, line managers and our people, so that they can better support others living with cancer and their care givers in the moments that matter.
Learning and development
We prioritise personal development, whether that's through professional qualifications, leadership courses or everyday learning.
A hybrid model and the ability to work flexibly is key to ensuring our colleagues can have both a rewarding career and a healthy work/life balance.
We provide a compelling pay and benefits package, offering flexibility and choice that can help you make your reward package go further.