We launched our partnership with Mental Health UK in January 2017, with the aim of raising £4 million over two years.
Here are some of the notable achievements since our partnership began in 2017.
- Achieved over £11 million in fundraising for Mental Health UK since our partnership began in January 2017.
- Committed to continue our partnership with Mental Health UK for a further two years to continue this vital work and ensure Bloom reaches its potential.
- Our signature challenge ‘Walk the Talk’ returned for its second year. Whilst 70 colleagues trekked across Cambodia to Angkor Wat, many others joined the movement by organising their own walk or by participating in one of our five UK walks.
Our fundraising focus
- Our fundraising in 2019 enabled Mental Health UK to launch Bloom as a pilot in 16 schools across Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales.
- Funds that colleagues continue to raise in 2020 will go towards helping us expand the reach of the Bloom programme into more schools, and train more teachers across the UK.
Advice and advocates
Appeared in the Fortune Change the World 2019 list for our commitment to mental health. Most notably due to Mental Health and Money Advice service and our Advocates training programme.
Walk the Talk
Following its success in 2018, Walk the Talk returned in 2019, bigger and better than ever. A team of 70 colleagues undertook an arduous 5-day trek to Angkor Wat, whilst thousands of colleagues took part in walks across the UK. The challenge exceeded its target, raising over £600,000. Walk the Talk aimed to get people outside walking and talking about their mental health.
Commitment to train 2,500 colleagues to become Mental Health Advocates by 2021 to help tackle mental health stigma in the workplace.