Time to talk about mental health
"I need to make sure that I manage my mental health in a really positive way through exercising, sleep, eating healthily, making sure that I’ve got a really good work-life balance. I’m probably stronger and mentally fitter than I’ve ever been, and that’s because of everything I’ve been through."
Sarah Tait on her mental health experiences
Video | 2 mins 39 secs
To acknowledge Time to Talk Day this year, in this video colleague Sarah Tait speaks about her experience with mental health difficulties and how she's recovered.
How we support colleagues with their mental health and wellbeing
Our dedicated Group wellbeing team ensure that we have a range of mental health services and support in place for colleagues.
- Free access to Headspace, the leading mindfulness and meditation app (over 14,500 colleagues have registered to date).
- A network of over 1,800 mental health advocates who help to raise awareness and are trained to have supportive conversations and signpost people to appropriate support.
- An online wellbeing tool providing a wealth of resources to help with wellbeing such as podcasts, articles and expert-led webinars.
- The employee assistance helpline which offers legal advice, professional counselling, advice on finances and debt, coaching, and support on a range of other issues.
- A dedicated health and wellbeing support hub for those impacted in any way by coronavirus, with advice and resources on working from home, domestic abuse, finances, staying healthy and much more.
- Bupa private medical cover to ensure colleagues have quick access to medical care when needed.
- Agile working – we encourage and support colleagues to work flexibly for a better work/life balance.
Colleague health and wellbeing
Find out how we support Group colleagues with their health and wellbeing, including mental health.
Mental Health UK partnership
We launched our partnership with Mental Health UK in January 2017, with the aim of raising £4 million over two years.
Mental Health UK - colleague stories
Together with Mental Health UK we're tackling stigma, raising awareness and equipping people with tools to look after their mental health.
More news and insight
Popular topics you might be interested in
Sustainability Diversity Supporting business Housing Pensions Investment
ESG Digital technology Our people Group news