Protecting our customers from fraud
Helping keep our customers’ money safe is a top priority at Lloyds Banking Group. We invest tens of millions of pounds every year in the latest technology to protect our customers from fraud.
Last year criminal gangs stole over
from individuals and small businesses by pretending to be a bank or other service provider.
Our mule-hunting team has uncovered over
88,000 mule accounts
and has stopped £60 million from falling into the hands of fraudsters.
We have invested more than
in our defences to stop the majority of attempted fraud.
Our dedicated team is working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
365 days a year
to fight fraud.
Hear from our experts
Links and resources
- You can investigate any gaming-related purchases before handing over money, such as checking whether the website is blacklisted on sitechecker.
- Evaluate whether gaming-related downloads are being made from established trusted sources and whether they are safe by checking for malware via virustotal.
- For more information on game fraud, visit askaboutgames.com.
- About the UK Finance Take Five campaign.
- Stop Scams UK - 159 campaign
- About Stop Scams UK
- Global Cyber Alliance - Enabling a Secure and Trustworthy Internet
- UK Finance - Bank branch staff and police team up to stop £19 million of fraud in first half of 2020
- Lloyds Bank - How to Protect Yourself From Fraud
- City of London Police - Teach all key stage two children across the UK about fraud and cyber crime
- City of London Police - Report fraud